By now, you know that strength training is an important part of any cross-training routine—not only can it protect your muscles and bones and help you power up your rides, but it can also cut your risk of early death from things like cancer and heart disease, too.
Resistance training is any exercise that causes the muscles to contract against an external resistance with the expectation of increases in strength, tone, mass, and/or endurance.
But what are the benefits of strength/weights/resistance training?
- Feel incredibly powerful and happy
- Become physically stronger
- Less afraid of confrontation
- Increase confidence
- Reduce your risk of every major lifestyle disease
- Develop discipline, time management, and prioritization
- Automatic upgrade for your wardrobe
- Get better at other activities
- Get better in bed
- Make your day-to-day life easier
- Consistently and confidently push through fear
- Meet lots of confident women you have things in common with
- Keep your brain active
- Get more attention from women
- Push outside your comfort zone
- Get out of your head and into your body
- Meet other guys who’re also committed to building a quality life
- Increase your testosterone
- Teach you the value of hard work
- You look good naked
The ball’s in your court. You know what you can get from lifting weights, and if you’re lacking in ANY one of those areas, you can’t blame anyone but yourself. So, get into a gym, and start experiencing all the incredible benefits that come from lifting weights.